Last Updated on: January 20, 2020
If You are accessing, using or browsing this Website on behalf of an individual other than Yourself, which/who may be either a natural person or an entity other than Yourself:
- You represent, warrant and covenant that You are at least age 18;
- You represent, warrant and covenant that You are authorized to engage in the activities that You conduct within the Website on behalf of that person or entity other than Yourself, which by way of illustration but not limitation includes the submission and receipt of any and all Personal Information on behalf of that person or entity other than Yourself;
- You agree that We can rely on Your representation that You are authorized to engage in the activities that You conduct within the Website on behalf of that natural person or entity other than Yourself; and
Sintra makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use outside of Canada. Access to the Website from territories where its contents or purpose is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Website are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and regulations.
Sintra categorize information about You (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”) as follows:
Information which You provide when You register for a Service, which may include some or all of the following:
- Information about Your personal identity such as gender, marital status, age, work preferences, photograph, etc.;
- Your financial information such as Your banking details and any information relating to Your income;
- Your contact details such as Your physical addresses, postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers and the like;
- Location information, which data may be continuously or periodically tracked via GPS, I.P. Address, or similar location tracking technology or marking methods, or via voluntary disclosure of your address or general locations, such as city, region, province, etc;
- Your profile data which includes your username and password, Information relating to Your skills, experience, education level, compensation, work availability, geographic region, work samples, tests taken, test scores, hourly pay rates, information of work previously taken, feedback, and other information “Profile”. You may edit this information using your profile. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchases or orders made by You through Sintra, preferences, feedbacks etc;
- Usage Data such as information as to how You use our Website, products and services;
- In the case of Facebook aligned services (if so opted by You), publicly available information of Your friends, their likes and dislikes, etc.; and
- Any other information which is otherwise available on any social media and is accessible if You choose to sync Your accounts.
Payment and Account Information
Your account history with us including (without limitation) all billing information and communications, payment history etc. Sintra maintains this in encrypted form on secure servers.
Information about Your navigation using our Services, for example the URLs of websites, which You visit and from which You request downloads.
Information such as Your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, date and time of the request.
Transactional history (other than banking details) about Your e-commerce activities.
Content, information about Your correspondents, and the destination/origin of communications between You and any other person using our Services, which include email communications, SMS updates, Telephone Calls, blog, chat room and discussion board communications, instant message communications, experts forum communications, faxmail communications, membership of mailing lists etc.
Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by You in relation to our Services.
Data either created by You or by a third party and which You wish to store on our servers such as images, files, documents etc. in any format.
Sintra only collects Your Personal Information which has been designated as Personal Information or ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ under applicable law to conduct our business and to enable us to deliver and improve our Services for You.
Sintra may share Your Personal Information:
Note: That Sintra is not and cannot be responsible for the activities or privacy policies of any third party with whom Your Personal Information is shared.
The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain information (that is not sensitive personal data or information) that is used by Sintra and its service providers for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for user administration. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing services to You, Sintra may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on the User’s browser. The cookies however, do not store any of Your Personal Information. You may adjust Your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled You may still use the Website, but the Website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
What does Sintra do to keep Your Personal Information secured?
On this Website and within Sintra’s work premises, we seek to use appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to reasonably safeguard Your Personal under our control from unauthorized use, release or access.
Please be advised, however, that although Sintra has put in place procedures and technologies as per good industry practices and in accordance with the applicable laws, to maintain security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction, the confidentiality and security of any communication or material transmitted to or from Sintra via this Website or e-mail cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure at any time. When disclosing any Personal Information, You should remain mindful of the fact that the information which is potentially accessible to the public, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without Your consent. Accordingly, You should consider carefully if You want to submit sensitive information that You would not want to disclose to the public and should recognize that Your use of the internet and this Website is solely at Your risk. You, alone, are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy for all Your Personal Information. Sintra has no responsibility or liability to anyone for the security of Your Protected Health Information or any of Your Personal Information transmitted via the internet. Sintra urges all of its users to be careful and responsible whenever they are on-line.
If You have any reason to believe that Your interaction with Sintra through this Website is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of this problem as described in the “Further questions or comments?” section below.
Right to collect
b. Sintra needs Your identity details, work experience details, contact details, banking information and account history to manage our relationship with You and provide Services to You. We may use this information for suggesting job openings;
c. Sintra uses certain of Your information For Our Legitimate Interests. In many cases, we handle Personal Information on the grounds that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities, such as the following, in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Providing our Site and Service.
- Analyzing and improving our business.
- Communications, including marketing and responding to your inquiries about our services.
- Addressing information security needs and protecting our Users, Sintra, and others.
- Managing legal issues.
Sintra collects and stores Your Service Usage and Transactional Information to:
- determine and verify the Service Charges payable by You and to administer our relationship with You.
- comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement.
- compile statistical and demographical profiles about You for our business and marketing activities and to customize our Services for You. While we are entitled to use such information about You for our own internal business purposes without limitation, we will only disclose it in an aggregated form that is not capable of being used or interpreted in such a manner as to identify You; and
- monitor Your use of our Services for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our User Agreement.
Sintra collects and stores Your Correspondence Information and Personal Identifiers to:
- comply with our obligations under law; and
- monitor Your use of our Services in order to ensure Your compliance with our User Agreement.
- Any Personal Information which we collect and which we may use in an aggregated format, ensuring You are not individually identified, is our property. We may use it, in our sole discretion, for any legitimate purpose including (without limitation) the commercial sale thereof to third parties, subject to the applicable laws. Sometime we use “cookies” so that we can provide You with more customized information when You return to our website. “Cookies” are used to store user preferences and to track user trends, so as to enhance Your interactive experience and generally improve our Services to You. You can set Your browser to notify You when You are sent a “cookie”, giving You the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If You do accept a “cookie”, You thereby agree to our use of any Personal Information collected by us using that Cookie. You may update Your Profiling Information at any time on the website. You acknowledge and agree that in the interests of improving personalization and Service efficiency, we may, under controlled and secure circumstances, share Your Personal Information with our affiliates (an entity which is our subsidiary or holding company or a subsidiary of our holding company or an entity which controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us).
If we are required to intercept, disclose, monitor and/or store Your Personal Information:
- by law;
- to conduct our business;
- to secure our systems; or
- to enforce our own rights, we will do so in the manner as prescribed by law.
Promotional and Informational Mails
We may send periodic promotional or informational mails to You. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please not that it may take up to 10 (ten) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If You opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest You, we may still send You emails about Your Account or any Services You have requested or received from us.
Links to External Websites
We employ procedural and technical security measures, which are reasonably designed to help protect Your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Sintra may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect Your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. No security measures, however, are 100% complete. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus You should not expect, that Your personal information or private communications cannot be collected and used by others. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to Your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping Your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for the unauthorized use of Your information or for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on Your Account via unauthorized password activity.
Use of Information
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information provided by You. We will retain Your information for as long as Your account with services is active and as needed to provide You with the Services. We shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, Your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes. Please note that Your withdrawal of consent, or cancellation of account may result in Sintra being unable to provide You with its Services or to terminate any existing relationship which Sintra may have with You.
Your Choices And Rights
You have certain choices regarding how we may communicate with you.
Registered Sintra Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note thatWe reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. You may opt-out of receiving text messages by contacting Sintra. Registered Users who access the Service by using a Sintra mobile application may, with permission, receive push notifications. Similarly, registered Users who access the Service by using certain desktop browsers may, with permission, receive push notifications.
All Users may request access to or correction of any Personal Information we have about them or close their account and/or request deletion of all Personal Information we have about them. In certain jurisdictions, Users may have certain rights with regard to their Personal Information. We will honor User requests to the extent we can reasonably do so and as required by law, but some information will remain on the Services, such as information you posted publicly.
Upon request Sintra will provide you with information about whether We hold any of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting Sintra through your online account. If you request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, we will respond to your request to access within 30 days or as otherwise required by law. If your information is deleted, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Service.
The profile You create on our Website will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated.
Further questions or comments
Subscribe To Our Salary Guide Newsletter
Want to know if your salaries are keeping up with the market?
Sintra’s salary guide has compensation trends across Canada.